|Date||May 4, 2021|
As more people participate in yoga as a form of physical activity, it naturally follows that we hear more frequent stories about personal benefits and harms. Generally, people identify positive physical changes with yoga, so how does that explain the frequency of musculoskeletal injuries we hear about on social media, mainstream media, and from our peers? Are the yoga postures generally safe or must we practice with caution to avoid pain and tissue damage? While it’s tempting to listen to anecdotal evidence, it is always wise to look at what the research says.
- Define injury
- Overview of pain
- Discuss load parameters
- Identify common adverse events
- Consider injury rates in other activities
- Determine if there are problematic poses
- Evaluate home practice and instructor led classes
- Comprehensive literature review on yoga and safety
Note: This is a livestream course. Upon purchase, you will receive a zoom link to watch the course live. If you cannot attend live you will be able to watch the recording for a limited time.
- Annual member price – $24
- Regular price – $39